I’ve been promising pictures of my new studio. But, it’s still not done. It’s a mess. So instead, I give you pictures of my sewing room in it’s new clean state and of a project I’ve just started. (thus the ‘tease’).
I’ve been spending time paying attention to what it is I truly want and how I really work. I think I have it partially figured out: I sew a lot, thus the sewing room. It’s upstairs between our living room and our bedroom. It is along the central path from inside our house to the garage (Steve’s main walkway). Being in that room makes me accessible to other family members when I’m working. I’ve realized over the past year that I do not like doing other activities such as painting, crafting, knitting, etc in that room. 1. it’s not set up for those activities and 2. I don’t like having all that other stuff in my way when I have a sewing project in the works.
This is just one of the 4 cabinets I have full of fabric. One of my goals this year is to see how many quilts I can make so I can reduce this stash! And yes, Grace, I incorporated my batiks and hand dyeds back in with my other fabrics. (yikes!)
Here is a tease of a small piece I’ve just started: