I was really hoping to hear from some of you about what you think my most well known quirk is. I didn’t get a single response… I’m thinking this may just be a type of diary for me rather than a way to reach out to anyone else.
So, after a week of thinking about it, I still can’t decide on my one most well known quirk! I still believe I have many.
The person who provides Friday fill ins did not do so this week. I guess that means I’m free to ramble on my own.
1. One of my Pet Peeves is the use of artificial everything in every diet out there!!! Really? Just because I want to lose weight, I have to fill my body with artificial, man-made, often scary junk???? Why isn’t there a diet out there that uses whole, natural, organic food?
2. A new challenge I’ve given myself is to see myself as beautiful, strong, and just as I need to be. Have you seen the “new” Dove campaign? It brought me to tears.
3. I had a new “dawning” this week: I am responsible for too many lives! 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 beta fish, many pond fish, and 15 chickens!!!
4. Life is too short to spend it cleaning what is already clean enough; say no to friends and family who would like to spend time with me (I mean what a BLESSING to have family and friends AND have those who actually WANT TO spend time with me!)
5. This evening I will have dinner with a friend whose company I thoroughly enjoy; tomorrow I plan to Bless my house, work in the garden, and spend time with my hubby; and on Sunday I plan to go to church, see my kids, and rest and relax in preparation for another busy week.
Which brings me to one last light bulb moment I had this week: I bought an iPhone a couple of years ago. I refused to learn to use all the gadgets saying I didn’t need them. Slowly I learned that some of them are brilliant. I started using the Calendar and loved that it was so convenient to use. Over the past few months I have found myself busier and busier and could not understand why. I’m not sure what possessed me, but I took down my paper calendar and transferred my phone calendar to the paper one. Geez!!! I really am busy!!! AND THEN IT DAWNED ON ME!
Years ago I used a weekly calendar and found myself busy all the time. I changed to using a monthly calendar and I found it allowed me to have more control over how I planned my time. I could see that this week already had several meetings or outings and if asked to do something else could say “this week is busy, how about next week?” By relying on the calendar on my phone, I lost my control over planning my time.
I’ll still use my phone calendar because I love it! I love setting the alarm to remind me it’s time to stop what I’m doing and get ready to go.
I’ll never again go without my paper calendar! In just one week, I’ve already been able to adjust some things and I believe this is my last busy week before some semblance of balance re-enters my life!